Sunday, September 14, 2008

House of Worship

Tonight we had our first "official" gathering for Graceway Church.  Most of you know that we are in North Carolina starting a new church.  I put official in quotes because it was our first organized worship gathering, but not one that was publicized and made known to all those who live in the area.  Tonight's group was made up of individuals and couples who have heard about Graceway Church and who have an interest in it.  Some of the people who came we have met and know, others were new.  It was such an exciting time.  We gathered for singing, praying, communion, grilling out and fellowship.  There were about 15 of us.  I had forgotten how much I love to open up my house and have people over.  It's exhausting once the night is done, but so much fun!   And tonight brought a realization of just how much God is at work on this journey.  Brian talked a little tonight about how this gathering was evidence of God at work.  We haven't sent out any mailings yet.  We haven't knocked on doors, we haven't even put up signs or ads in the newspapers.  Brian made a website and has been preaching at different churches.  That's it and yet we had 15 people tonight with a handful of others who could not make it but have emailed Brian or had lunch with him to learn more about Graceway Church.  Incredible!
How often do we worry, doubt and wonder?   I don't know about you, but I do often.  I find days where I am just plain tired and sad.  I miss family, I miss friends and here we are in a new place trying to make new friends and start a new church.  Are we crazy?   And then I am reminded once more that we have a God who is faithful and does not leave us.  Jesus is at work and we just need to hang on to him and trust.  Thank you God, for your forgiveness, grace, love and faithfulness.  We know you are working and we are excited to see what you have in store for us and for Graceway Church!
You can learn more about Graceway Church at gracewaycharlotte.com
Please keep us and the church in your prayers.  Thanks and God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment