Thursday, January 29, 2009

Time

It is 4 Am and I can't sleep.  I am trying, but just can't tonight.  So here I am, sitting at my computer thinking...."What should I do?"  I have been to facebook and some of my other sites and then I remembered my blog.  How terrible that it has been so long since I have written anything.  Feels like I come to this point a lot.  Tomorrow is the last day in January.  Where did the time go?  Every year I come to the same resolution...I will take time, specifically, time with God.  And here it is only one month into 2009 and I've already fallen short.  I find myself going day after day without really spending any time with Him.  I pray before meals and thank Him for the day and often I smile at my family and praise the Lord for where I am.  But I know there is more here for me to soak in.
Whenever I spend time with him....doing a devotion, writing in my journal, singing along to praise music...whenever I take the time to nurture my relationship with Jesus, I am filled in ways I can not explain.  It's a feeling that makes my soul soar.  It's a feeling that I desire every day, and yet I can't remember the last time I took the time.  It takes discipline, it takes being aware and sometimes it takes scheduling.  My new year's resolution this year was "kindle the soul."  I wrote it that way to remind myself of how my soul feels when I take the time to nurture my relationships....with family, friends and with my Lord.  I have that saying posted over my desk and in my kitchen.   It's a desire of my heart, it's a longing in my soul.
Perhaps my soul is stirring tonight, keeping me awake.  It has been too long, dear Jesus, since I sat at your feet, since I have listened to your word, since I have nurtured my soul.  Thankfully, you do not give up on us.  You are always with us, ready and waiting for us to sit, be still and know that you are God.  So here I go again... Starting over, which I do a lot, but thankful that I can, each day, start with a clean slate.
Do you struggle with your time?  I'd love to hear what you do to manage your time and spend it with those you love.  And I want to challenge you to take the time to "Kindle your soul", and let me know how it goes.  God bless you!

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this too, Michelle! BADLY! I always 'think' of ways to spend more time with the Lord but never follow through. That is one downfall of my walk with the Lord and I pray that He will help me with that. I know that there is an awesome place He can take us if we are willing to sacrifice that time.

    ReplyDelete