Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Morning Prayer




While I feed my daughter in the wee hours of the morning, I have been reading and praying using Celtic Benediction by J Philip Newell.  Here is the Saturday morning prayer, just wanted to share.

In the busyness of this day
grant me a stillness of seeing, O God.
In the conflicting voices of my heart
grant me a calmness in hearing.
Let my seeing and hearing
my words and actions
be rooted in a silent certainty of your presence.
Let my passions for life
and my longings for justice that stir within me
be grounded in the experience of your stillness.
Let my life be rooted in the ground of your peace, O God,
let me be rooted in the depths of your peace.

Scripture for today:   "Be still and know that I am God."  Psalm 46:10

Thank you Lord, that you are with me even when I don't feel you.  I know with certainty that your presence is all around me.  I do not wish to walk through this day without you.  Be in my seeing and my hearing this day, that I may experience you.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment