Saturday, January 1, 2011

Change


My morning times have been focused lately on seasons of settledness and seasons of change.
Both hit home for me as I walk into a new year.
2010 felt like a year of much change.
Having a baby is a big obvious one.
We said good-by to our Millie dog, another big change.
Church life changed (in good ways),
financial changes... I could go on and on.
Maybe you can too.  :)

But the biggest change for me honestly has been underneath the obvious.
God has been changing me from the inside out.
As I began committing to getting up early for "quiet time" with Him,
(Another major change in 2010! - I like my sleep!),
God has been working on me.
It's challenging, freeing, hard, beautiful.
It's all about how I react and interact.
How I deal with change and challenge.
How I am as a mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend.
Who I am as a child of God 
and how I live that out in my life.

It's all about surrender.

It's a continuous process.
It hasn't ended with the arrival of 2011,
but I walk into this new year with a feeling of being more settled.
It's kind of hard to explain.
For me, it's like having the best warm comfort food
 on a cold winter day.
It's like walking into my front door, dropping all the luggage and sinking into my favorite chair after a busy time of travel.
"Sigh"

I am excited about what this new year holds.
I know there will be continual change,
but I am ready.
Knowing that with God all things are possible.
He is my rock, my light, my hope, my strength, my joy.

I pray that you may experience Jesus in new,
amazing ways this new year.
And whether it is a few minutes in the morning,
in the afternoon or the evening,
I pray you will seek him and allow him to change your heart as well,
bringing you peace and "settledness".

Happy New Year dear friends and family!
God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment