Thursday, September 8, 2011

Our School Room


I'm a teacher, by trade and by heart.  
I love teaching.
I love the learning process,
and I love being a part of it all with my own kids.

It's quite an undertaking in some ways,
but I am finding out just how rewarding and fun it can be.
Not that I doubted that, 
but some days I wonder who is having more fun,
my kids or me!


As I began to plan out what I would do with my kids and how I would present things,
I thought that creating a specific space for "school" would be beneficial.
It sure has.
My dear Zachary is all boy; active, loud and never without energy.
Creating the "school room" (Which is what he calls it)
upstairs in our loft has caught his attention.
He loves it, as does Marin.
It's a space we are not in that often, mostly because it is upstairs,
so when it's time for "school",
they both dart for the stairs as if there is secret treasure up there...


There are bins filled with toys.



There are bins filled with educational/thematic resources.
There's a table to do art, an easel where we practice writing...
But above all,
it's a room filled with laughter, smiles and creativity.
It works for us.
And we are having fun.

It's only our first week homeschooling.
I know there will be bumps along the road.
But it's been a great start,
 and I look forward to all the adventures to come
in our School Room.






No comments:

Post a Comment