Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rescue


My morning time has been focused around Paul.
His story is astounding.
For the first time, I am really seeing Paul,
observing his struggles, listening to his message,
experiencing his love for Jesus.
It has been affecting me deeply.

Today, he is in Lystra, sharing the Good News with the people.
His story is so repetitive;
He arrives, teaches about Jesus, sometimes heals, sometimes baptizes,
but always reaches many hearts and makes many enemies,
and in the end either flees from a threat or survives an attack.
So once again, he is stoned nearly to death, 
but survives only to do it all over again.
His dedication and his love for Jesus is extraordinary.

In 2 Timothy 3:10-11 Paul writes,
"You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love endurance, persecutions, sufferings - what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured.  Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them."

My reading today focused on "rescue".
The original Greek word is rhuomai.
The definition;
To draw, snatch from danger, rescue, deliver -
To rescue, to draw or rescue a person to/for the deliverer -
draw or pull to oneself .

It's the latter part that got to me.
It's not just about rescue. 
It's not just about healing.
It's not just about survival.
It's about being embraced,
being caught up in the arms of Jesus.

When we pray for help,
for deliverance from pain, evil and sorrow,
I am comforted by the truth that not only will He bring peace, hope and healing,
but He will draw us to himself,
embrace us, protect us, shelter us and never let us go!

Thank you, Jesus.
For the faithfulness Paul shows towards you and from you.
Great is your faithfulness!
For this I am humble and so very thankful.



I am using the Beth Moore Study


No comments:

Post a Comment