Saturday, December 17, 2011

Truth in the Tinsel - Day 11 - It's all in a name!

Day 11


I really have loved every ornament
and every lesson that has gone with it.
Each one has scripture that you read after you open the clue.
We are to listen for the clue in the scripture reading.
Then we open the red bag to find out what our ornament is.
They have all been fabulous,
but I will admit that this one was one of my favorites so far.



First we glued letters onto a craft stick and made the name JESUS.


Then we glued other names around it.


Today's lesson focused on the name of Jesus.
We talked about how "Jesus" means "God saves"
and "Immanuel" means "God with us".
We read in scripture about other names Jesus had;
Prince of Peace, Son of God, Son of Man, Wonderful Counselor,
King of Kings, Savior, Friend...

We talked about our own names and what they mean;
Michelle; Close to God
Zachary; God has remembered
Marin; Longed for
Brian; Strong one

It was just a really neat lesson,
to talk about the beauty of Jesus's name and their meanings
and how our names are beautiful and special as well.
We talked about how God knows our names and each one of us,
how he loves us and cares for us, each by name.

I have always used the name of my Lord with great care,
but today it really struck me.
When I use the names of my children, my spouse, my friends, my loved ones,
I want to uphold them, respect them and love them, no matter what;
even when there is struggle.  
It would be my hope that my name would be used with love and respect as well.

If I desire that, how can I not show the same to my Lord?
It was a neat day today.


(Our Advent Calendar did not bring us anything this day.
We just focused on names.)








No comments:

Post a Comment