Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Relationships

Are relationships with family and friends important to you?  I mean, really important?  Vital?  Necessary to live?  Twice this week I have been reminded about just how much I need relationships in my life.  This week my sister and I had a conversation that fed my soul.  We talked about our relationship, our fears, our desires and our love and respect for each other.  You have to allow yourself to be vulnerable to have one of these conversations, but after some tears and honesty, we ended with a depth that really can't be put into words.  I need that kind of relationship. We may not always agree with each other and our lives are very different, but we love each other.  The respect we have for one other allows us to accept each other for who we are and love each other all the same.

Today I scheduled a play date for Zachary and some of his friends.  It had been a long time since we hosted a play date at our house.  It was exhilarating!!!  Just to reconnect with the moms that I have built friendships with.  We didn't' dig deep in conversation, we simply did some connecting and sharing and catching up.  These are relationships I need as well.  Friendships that build trust and support.  These are ladies that I know I can turn to if I need a helping hand. I have watched them reach out to each other in times of need.  These are relationships that I need in my life.

God created us to be in relationship.  It's vital to life. It's necessary.  May we slow down and take time to foster those relationships in our lives, ones that bring joy and laughter as well as ones that bring tears and make us vulnerable, and The One relationship that brings us Life; Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment