Monday, December 14, 2009

This Christmas

Baby_jesus_1  I am pregnant.  I find myself sitting and waiting to feel her move so often.  It's just what I do. I want to feel her.  I know a big part of it is the reassurance that she is doing ok, but it's also the reality of the life I carry.  Sometime in the next month and 1/2 we will met this new little life and we can hardly wait.  So many emotions stir up within me.  I pray for her safety and health now, but also for her future.  As I pray for Zachary's future, I already pray for our little girl's.  I don't know what is in store for them, but my heart lifts them up daily.  They are a part of me now and will be forever.  

Today I was reading about Mary and Elizabeth in my Advent Devotional.  I couldn't help but wonder what they talked about and prayed about when Mary went to visit Elizabeth.  I imagine they sang and wept and prayed together, in praise and thankfulness for the little lives growing inside of them.  They carried children that were a part of a great prophecy.  The Angel told them so, but did they really understand?  I imagine they did not fully know the paths their children would walk; the passion, love and suffering they would endure.  But I imagine they anticipated their arrivals with such joy as mothers do.

As I sit here today in the quiet, detecting even the slightest movement, I am in wonder.  How beautiful is life.  How precious is birth.  How miraculous is a baby.  As I anticipate the birth of my daughter, I sing, weep and pray for her future, knowing with certainty that she is being held in the hands of Christ now and forever.  And I sit in awe of the birth of a little baby thousands of years ago that was born as our salvation.  

"Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away our sin. Behold the Lamb of God, the light and life of men.  Behold the Lamb of God, who died and rose again.  Behold the Lamb of God who comes to take away our sin." - Andrew Peterson

May you feel the movement of the Christ Child in your life this Christmas, the wonder, majesty and beauty of life and salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment