Thursday, January 7, 2010

A New Year, A New Spirit

"Come broken and weary. Come battered and bruised. My Jesus makes all things new, all things new. Come lost and abandoned. Come blown by the wind. He’ll bring you back home again, home again.

 Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, the light of the dawn is upon you. Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, he makes all things new. 

Come frozen with shame. Come burning with guilt. My Jesus, he loves you still, he loves you still. 

Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, the light of the dawn is upon you. Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, he makes all things new. 

The world was good, the world is fallen, the world will be redeemed, so hold on to the promise. The stories are true that Jesus makes all things new. The dawn is upon you. Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, the light of the dawn is upon you. Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, he makes all things new."


As the New Year rushes in, my heart is full of emotions from anxiousness to excitement to fear.  This new year brings big change to our lives as we welcome a new baby into our family.  It has me taking a closer look at myself as a mom, wife and child of God.  I am not perfect, I know, but I strive to be the best that I can.  The scripture that has been resonating with me lately is from Galatians 5:22-23: "but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control."  

Sigh.  Oh how I desire to fill my spirit with the fruits of The Spirit.  As I interact daily with my son, my husband and those around me.  How often do I lose patience and am not kind or gentle in my words or actions?  Too many!  How many days do I not let myself experience the joy, peace and love that Jesus offers me?  Too many!  Way too many days I waste filling my mind with worry and desires of this world, when I am so blessed day to day with those that surround me.  I am not perfect and I know I will fall often, but I rejoice that my Jesus, he loves me still and when I am falling, he will bring me back home again.  This year it is my desire to focus on The Spirit and learn how to live out these fruits every day.  It is all about loving.  And if I truly believe that my Jesus loves me so much, how can I ignore that?  How can I not live in that love and let it be absorbed into my whole being, to experience that love and live it out in my daily walk?  This is my prayer, for myself and for you this New Year.  May we all experience the grace, peace and forgiveness that Jesus gives.

Dearest Jesus, wake my spirit with a renewed sense of your Spirit working in my life.  Grant me the strength and courage to live with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.  Forgive me when I fall and bring me back home again.  Amen.


The song is called All Things New.  You can listen to it and more at  http://www.rhapsody.com/andrew-peterson . You can check out Andrew Peterson at  http://www.andrew-peterson.com "

Ap_resurrection_cd
  


1 comment:

  1. His grace, forgiveness, and peace -- what a wonderful thing!
    I love your blog -- come on over and visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete