Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Silent Night

Manger "Silent Night, Holy Night, All is calm, all is bright, Round yon Virgin Mother and child.  Holy infant so tender and mild, Sleep in heavenly peace.  Sleep in heavenly peace"   

I can only imagine that the birth itself did not lend to a silent night, having a baby in a stable.  I assume Mary went through a labor that was like most labors, hard and painful.  But once that was over, I do imagine a time of wonder.  Two people holding and watching this new little life before them.  As a mom, I can imagine that moment.  And I pray that tonight we all might sit in the silence, letting our hearts take in the beauty of this child.  For unto us a child is born, unto us a savior is given.  He is Christ the Lord!  He has come out of love for you, for me, for us all.  May this gift be the most amazing gift to your heart and your life this new year.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment