Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall?!?!?!?!

Where did the time go?
It's been a while since I have been on my blog.
I've missed writing, so I think I need to get back to it.
Writing helps clear my mind a bit 
which in turn, helps me to listen more, 
specifically to what God is speaking to my heart.
And since a new season is upon us, I thought I would give my blog a new makeover.
It is my favorite time of year, so why not celebrate that!
I like it.

It really has been a while, a whole month.
Summer was so much fun around the Spahr house.
Crazy busy, but fun!

There is something about a good summer.
It includes, for me, good family time, good friends, 
grilling out, playing in the sun and sand, laughter, and vacations.
Great memories and good times.
But there's something else about a good summer;
stepping into Fall.
For me, it's like eating comfort food.
In a house with little ones, it's like nap time!
The busyness quiets down.
There is a stillness in the air, a time to breathe.
Oh the rush will start again as the holidays approach, 
but before all that there is Fall!

The earth changes color.
The air is crisp and fresh.
Kitchens smell like apple pie and cinnamon.

For me, it's a time to slow down from the busy times of summer
and reflect on the blessings on my life.
Don't get me wrong, I try to reflect on my life and my blessings throughout the year,
but as Fall ushers in Thanksgiving, 
it's just a natural time of year for me to really stop and give thanks.

It's been a great summer at the Spahr house.
And I know it has been a great summer
when I can greet Fall with a smile and a sigh.
I've enjoyed summer enough to let it go and welcome in a new season of life.

May this Fall bring you time to rest, reflect and comfort your soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment