Friday, March 16, 2012

renew



Loved this logo.  Borrowed it from St. Michael's Lutheran Church in Greenville, SC
It was their VBS theme in 2011.  


I have found myself in a process of renewal these past couple of months, 
in several areas of my life.
I looked up the greek/hebrew meaning this morning
from the Bible Study I am doing.
Found it interesting.


Greek / Hebrew Definition
renew
Transliteration: ḥālap
Phonetic Pronunciation:khaw-laf'
Definition:
a primitive root; properly to slide by, i.e. (by implication) to hastenaway, pass on, spring up, pierce or change :- abolish, alter, change, cut off, go on forward, grow up, be over, pass (away, on, through), renew, sprout, strike through.


Can't really say it better than that.
I have simply been hearing God's voice to embrace simplicity.
That word has a life of it's own, really.
I think this word can have a slightly different meaning for every person.
I am working on sharing what it means to me in a new website/blog format.
Brian and I are working on it.
That is the biggest reason I have not written here lately.

Using words from the definition;
I have found a deep desire to spring up, change, alter, cut off, 
go on forward, be over, strike through
and renew my heart, my faith and my way of life.

So, I will be back, writing and sharing.
For now I am creating, exploring and renewing.
can't wait to share it all with you.
Thanks for allowing me to!


Do you not know?Have you not heard?Yahweh is the everlasting God,the Creator of the whole earth.He never grows faint or weary;there is no limit to His understanding. He gives strength to the wearyand strengthens the powerless.Youths may faint and grow weary,and young men stumble and fall,but those who trust in the Lordwill renew their strength;they will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary;they will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment