Friday, April 6, 2012

The Story

My family loves this Bible.
I love how it depicts The Story of this Holy Weekend.
So, I thought I would share.


"Even though it was midday,
a dreadful darkness covered the face of the world.
The sun could not shine.
The earth trembled and quaked.  
The great mountains shook.
Rocks split in two.
Until it seemed that the whole world would break.
That creation itself would tear apart.

The full force of the storm of God's fierce anger at sin was coming down.
On his own Son.
Instead of His people.
It was the only way God could destroy sin,
and not destroy his children whose hearts were filled with sin.

Then Jesus shouted out in a loud voice, "it is finished.!"
And it was.
He had done it.
Jesus has rescued the whole world.

"Father!"  Jesus cried.  "I give you my life."
And with a great sigh he let himself die.

Strange clouds and shadows filled the sky.  
Purple, orange, black.
Like a bruise."




Zachary's picture of Jesus on the Cross.
Priceless.




No comments:

Post a Comment