Saturday, April 10, 2010

Girlfriends


Girlfriends
I think every girl needs them, no matter how old you are.

There is just something about sitting around talking with girlfriends.  Most of mine are moms like me.  
I think that is what makes them even more dear to my heart. 
They speak my language.  
They understand the season of life I am in because they are in it too.

There are girlfriends that I don't live close to anymore.  They are and always will be a part of me and dear to my heart.  It seems though, that no matter the distance between us (miles that is), true friends always pick up right where they left off.  

I believe that is why it is so important to the soul to have girlfriends.
Not just friends, but true heart-to-heart girlfriends.
Authentic relationships where you can pour your heart out on the table and know that they will pick it up with gentle, loving hands and give it back to you in one piece.  No judgement, just love.

I am thankful for the girlfriends I have in my life.  They are a gift from God.
All of you, who I call friends.  I thank Jesus for each of you.
Thanks for loving me for me.
Thanks for picking up my heart with your love.

May you all find those friends, girls or boys.
Friends that you can be real with.
Friends that you can do life with.
Friends that love you just the way you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment